About the ASH
The culmination of years of research and work, the Adult/Adolescent Sensory History, is designed as a self-report assessment of sensory and motor behaviors commonly observed in individuals with difficulties processing and integrating sensory information. The purpose of this assessment is to help identify adults and adolescents ages 13 to 95 who experience problems in sensory processing and integration as well as assist therapists in clinical reasoning when creating interventions for these individuals. Based on the conceptual model of sensory processing and sensory integration proposed by A. Jean Ayres, this measure is designed to identify difficulties in five key areas of functioning: Sensory Discrimination, Sensory Modulation, Postural-Ocular Skills, Praxis, and Social-Emotional Functioning.
The complete Adult/Adolescent Sensory History demonstrates the following features:
- A comprehensive standardized self-report questionnaire.
- An alternative caregiver questionnaire for parents or other caregivers of adolescents or individuals with disabilities.
- An abridged and simplified self-report supplement to the caregiver questionnaire for younger adolescents or individuals with disabilities who may not be able to complete the comprehensive self-report questionnaire.
- A supplemental medical and developmental history form.
- A comprehensive, standardized research-based scoring program for use with the self-report questionnaire or caregiver questionnaire.
- Numerous standardized subscores to assist with identifying discrete patterns of dysfunction in processing and integrating sensory information, which allows for clinical utility in treatment planning.
The Adult/Adolescent Sensory History consists of six components:
1. User's Manual
A comprehensive manual detailing the use, administration and interpretation of the Adult/Adolescent Sensory History. It includes instructions for use of the Adult/Adolescent Sensory History Scoring Program© as well as case studies to aid in interpretation. The research base for the measure is provided in detail withing the manual.
2. Self-Report Questionnaire
3. Caregiver Questionnaire
4. Abridged Self-Report Supplement
5. Medical History Supplement
6. Adult/Adolescent Sensory History Scoring Program©
Adult/Adolescent Sensory History
Includes User’s Manual, Scoring Program, 5 Self-Report Questionnaires, 5 Caregiver Questionnaires, 5 Self-Report Supplements, 10 Medical History Supplements.